Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Project Pinterest: Veggie Patch Pizza Applebee's Style

I haven't been to an Applebee's in ages and had forgotten how I completely am in love with their veggie patch pizza. I don't even know if they have it anymore, but when I used to go there frequently, a veggie patch pizza was what I always got. I saw this recipe on the Peas and Crayons blog, I immediately pinned it and had a smile from ear to ear because I had totally forgotten about my love for these pizzas!



The awesome thing is that it's EASY and FAST!!

Here's what you need:

-small pitas
-one box of creamed spinach (microwaved as per package instructions) or spinach artichoke dip
-baby portobello mushrooms
-mozzarella cheese
-roma tomato (chopped)

Here's what you do:

Preheat the oven to 350. I used a Pampered Chef baking stone and let it heat up with the oven. Meanwhile, I put the creamed spinach in the microwave and sauteed the mushrooms in a pat of butter and seasoned with a tad bit of garlic salt. Then I put the warmed spinach on the pita. Then the mushrooms, some mozzarella cheese and some tomatoes on top. I baked it until the cheese was melted (about six or seven minutes).

They tasted divine! Seriously, this is going to be in my usual repertoire from now on. They were even delicious cold! 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news...Katie has decided against continuing on with Project Pinterest to concentrate more fully on her beautiful photography instead. A big thank you goes out to Katie for co-hosting Project Pinterest for the past several months!

If you would like to co-host Project Pinterest with me, please let me know!


Here are the rules:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.

4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!

5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!


Project Pinterest







Sarah:)

3 comments:

  1. that's my favorite thing to eat, too, at Applebee's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even noticed this on the menu????? Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I am pin addicted, I would love to co-host this with you, let me know if your interested :) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...