Thursday, January 21, 2010

French Bread Pizzazz

Have you ever seen the Pioneer Woman's blog? A friend recommended it and I'm hooked. If you haven't checked it out, I encourage you go check it out only if you have about three hours to look into it, because that's how long it will take you!

Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I wanted you to know that I "borrowed" PW's super duper awesome idea to post recipes with photos to go with each step.

Here's one of our favorite recipes ever! It's easy (even I can do it!), good for you and inexpensive!

The ingredient list...notice I'm all about store brands. And you may notice that you can't see the french bread. It's there, I promise. It's having a bad day and hiding in the background.

Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees.



Open the can of tomatoes, petite or regular diced, and rinse them off in a strainer.



Dice the green pepper and onion. If you know of a way that keeps me from crying buckets while cutting the onions, please let me know because I've tried everything from wearing sunglasses to wrapping my head in towel, but to no avail.



Turn you stove on to medium. Press several garlic cloves into a turn or two of extra virgin olive oil. Depending on how much smooching I'll be doing that night, I'll use a few cloves to an obnoxious number of cloves.



Add the peppers and onions to the pan once it's hot.



Chop your mushrooms. I use very few. If my husband finds one he might threaten to not eat my food anymore.



Add mushrooms and rinsed tomatoes to the pan when the onions are almost opaque (I don't use that word enough)or they're nearly done to your liking. Pour on the Italian seasoning 'til your heart's content. Stir.



Cut your loaf of French bread into six pieces.



Pile your Italian mixture on the bread. Add some mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, a dash of parmesan and bake until the cheesy is bubbling. Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...