Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm working through it

Something I struggle with quite a bit is being jealous of what others have. Everyday I work through this and work on getting through this worthless emotion. Weekends seem harder to control. Boats, condos, four-wheelers, this new gadget or that new gadget, new homes on the lake or with acres and acres of perfect land, woman with perfect highlights and manicured nails and beautiful outfits, husbands who are home every night for supper and on the weekends, people with perfect health who still complain, my list could go on but where would that get me...

Hebrews 13:5 says "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." My goal this week is to memorize this verse and keep it close to my heart. I have been richly blessed and am truly thankful for what I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...