1. I stink at Christmas lights bokeh. I try and try, but just can’t seem to nail it. I’ve gotten a few decent shots, but most turn out like this.
2. I hate that some days, some hours, some minutes I have so little patience with my children. This break seems like it’s lasted forever and a day so far, but it’s only been a few days. I think it’s because their good neighborhood buds aren’t home during the day. Patience, if you’re there, please come find me!
3. We have several Christmas traditions. We go to church on Christmas Eve night. Come home and eat appetizers and then open presents. Once the kids have gone to bed, we eat oyster stew. It sounds really disgusting, but tastes so good.
4. The boys and I made Shrinky Dinks this weekend. My husband came home from work and said he’d never heard of Shrinky Dinks. Is that even possible? Here’s my creation. So much fun!
5. With the long Christmas break, I’ve been racking my brain for new ideas for the boys and I to do to keep us busy since the neighborhood kids are gone (see #2). My mind wondered to my childhood and some of the fun things I did with my friends. We used to play a game called, “Garbage”. You play four mini games with cards and pennies. I loved it, the boys, not so much. Did anyone else play this game growing up? Here’s how to play if you’re interested.
6. Our dog Jake has a real naughty streak. He’s a mutt that’s about five years old, but has little spurts where he acts like he’s about six months old. His newest obsession is laying under the Christmas tree. I can never move fast or quiet enough to get a picture of that though. His other thing is to chew Christmas decorations. He’s eaten several purple glitter snowflake ornaments and will get his mouth on anything stuffed that he can. Here’s his latest “snack”.
When confronted about his obsessions, this is the look Jake gave me.
7. Cleaning and I are like oil and water; we don’t mix. It’s almost like I’m allergic to it. Just thinking about it gives me hives. I’ve found one tool that makes the otherwise dreaded task of mopping bearable, even fun (but don’t tell my husband I said that or he’ll expect me to do it more often). It’s the Shark Steam Mop. This thing rocks!
8. Our tv remote hasn’t worked for days. It’s a wonder how little tv we watch when we don’t have a remote for it. I keep telling my family I’ll order a new one, but keep putting it off. Really, walking to the tv to change the channel isn’t that big of a deal.
9. Mom, do you know who Sydney Rice is? Mom, do you how who Percy Harvin is? Mom, do you know who Charles Woodson is? Mom, do you know who Brett Favre is? Mom, do you know who Adrian Peterson is? Mom, do you know who Steven Garcia is? Mom, do you know who Cam Newton is? Ryan has lots of football questions for me. I try to pretend like I care. I like football, but don’t really care to talk about it all that much.
10. My computer chair makes my brain dead. I swear I have great ideas, but as soon as I get to this chair I lose any good thought that ever crossed through my brain.
Merry Christmas week everyone!