1. “We” are in #1 place in the Pepsi Refresh Project’s $250,000 grant! What a great organization and great people. If you haven’t voted, please consider doing so. Only a few days left before December’s winners are announced. Click on either picture below to learn more or vote.
2. Something is not right with my camera. I messed with it a lot last week and have messed with it way too much. I was so sad when several seemingly great shots turned out like this. I’ll have to work on it tomorrow.
3. I am so over Christmas time. Next year we’re skipping it (please remind me next year that I said this). Call me Scrooge. That’s ok. All of the hoopla. All of the hype. All of the waiting. All of the anticipation is just too much. I’m not talking about the true meaning of Christmas here. I’m talking about the commercialism that leads to the “gimmes” and the unappreciativeness that can follow. Do I sound bitter? I think I am. ;)
4. Stanley cracks me up! He’s about the funniest creature on earth. You do no want to get between him and his bone, that’s for sure.
5. The new year is right around the corner. I know what my resolutions should be, but I’m not making any resolutions this year.
So there, new year!
Just in case you’re wondering though, this is what they should be, in no particular order, if I believed in such things:
* Stop overeating!
*Be vigilant about bible study.
* Exercise every day no matter how much I don’t want to.
*Make some kind of decision and take action about what I really want to do/be in this next phase of my life.
6. Looking through my archives, I found a few pictures from greener times (read: not winter) that really put a smile on my face. Here they are.
7. My children are driving me bonkers this Christmas vacation. I alternate between periods of thinking how awesome it would be to homeschool them and then periods where I’d like to ship their behinds off to boarding school. Tomorrow is a new day and I shall have a new attitude!
8. Me: Ryan, what do you want to go to college for?
Ryan: Can I go to college to be a dude like Spencer Shay?
If you are a fan of iCarly, you will appreciate that conversation!
9. Living with two boys, one husband and one male dog leaves me yearning for a fresher smelling life.
10. No doubt you’re a Pioneer Woman fan like I am. Guess what? I am getting a signed cookbook straight from her via a giveaway from Sheila at Strawberry Cake! Talk about excited!
Have a wonderful week!