Tuesday, December 14, 2010

10 on Tuesday

I’ve seen a few blog friends do this, so I thought I’d give it a shot.
1. My heart is very heavy right now. A friend/neighbor couple just lost their baby. This morning I went to a funeral for her. I’ve never been to a baby’s funeral, and it was extremely difficult to digest the pain the parents must be going through. I have the luxury of forgetting about it for a few minutes, but their grief is continual. I need to think of ways to support them in this long grieving journey they’ll be going on.
2. I have been blessed beyond measure. I’ve had my lion’s share of misfortunes in this life, but nothing tragic like losing a child, parent or sibling. Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmingly blessed, I love to listen to this song.
3. It’s cold outside. Today we were tied for a record low set back in the 1860s. Makes me wonder how I ever handled living in South Dakota and Minnesota if I can barely handle these teen temps. One thing I know, I could not ever go back to winters like that. I did have to laugh at the roof of the Metrodome “ripping” due to the weight of the snow.
4. Sometimes I wonder if Ryan’s head is screwed on straight. Tonight he has a little performance at school. He told me this last night. Ok. That’s fine. I can do something with one day’s notice. This morning he tells me he needs a red shirt for his performance tonight. Hmmmm. Looks like the little procrastinator will be wearing a red t-shirt with Spiderman on it, or a red t-shirt with a cross and skull bones that says “Savannah” on it, or perhaps a red baseball jersey, or maybe even his brother’s red football jersey. Some might think I’m a mean mom for not running out to buy him one today. But, I’m real big on natural consequences. You “forget” to tell me you need something, you are “stuck” with what we’ve got. No biggie, right?
5.My eyes are so puffy that I can’t see out of them very well.
6. The boys’ big Christmas present this year is a trampoline. It was going to be a surprise (like most other Christmas gifts are), but the FedEx guy dropped it off right on the front porch and there was no way that they couldn’t see it when we were on the street driving home. We put it up last night but still have the net poles to put up. I’m excited that they’re so excited!
trampoline-berg-met-veiligh
7. The Christmas Cookie candle is burning now. It smells heavenly. I should bake some cookies. But then they’ll just be sitting there calling my name all day and night long, so I’ll settle for the Christmas Cookie candle instead.
8. I feel kind of guilty. You know how every sport has pictures taken by “professional” photographers each and every season? I don’t buy them. I just take my camera and stand behind them and get the best shot I can. I feel like a total dweeb doing it. I wouldn’t mind paying someone if it were just a regular person, but it’s the same rip-off company that does it for all the sports and they take less than stellar pics and I just don’t want to pay for them, especially if they’re never all looking at the camera at the same time and they make them yell “MONEY” to get them to smile. What a run-on sentence that was!
67
9. I have all of my Christmas shopping done. I did most of it online. It hasn’t arrived yet, but it’s all bought. Yeah!
10. This is our first year ever not having a real Christmas tree. I was dreading buying a tree this year and doing it all myself. My husband is a restaurant general manager and is hardly home this time of year. I was bitter about it. Instead of continuing to be bitter, I bought us our first easy-as-pie-to-put-up fake tree. It’s not the same as a real one, but we still like it. It was so easy the boys could have done it themselves.
1
Have a happy Tuesday. Count your blessings!
Sarah:)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart goes out to the parents of that baby. No way to figure that kind of loss out.
    The Christmas cookie candle sounds great...just smell cookies, not eat them-fantastic!
    I bought online for Christmas, too. Yay Amazon!
    A fake tree isn't so bad. We use one because of allergy issues. They are lots safer too!
    I'm counting those blessings, Sarah. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely heartbreaking. I am going to count my blessings and hug my little boy extra tight tonight. I will keep them in my thoughts, I can't imagine what they're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad.
    My friend made her son wear a shirt wrong side out for a solid color shirt he didn't have - for the same reason.
    Those people take our sports photos, too. "Money" was the give away. They fixed it this year so we couldn't get near enough to get a good shot. I'm thinking of getting a super zoom lens now...just kidding.
    Hurray for Amazon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these 10 on Tuesday posts! You know my thoughts on #1 - and I will definitely continue to pray for them. Cookie candles are a great idea - I could definitely resist eating one of those! ;) And I totally understand the photo thing. My son's preschool does them, very poorly I might add, then charge an outrageous fortune for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm loving your 10 on tuesday, but I just couldn't get past that first one. Oh wow. I can't even imagine the pain. Your neighbors will be in my prayers.

    Love your tree too! We might be doing the opposite next year; trying a real one. ;-) We'll see if that materializes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are going to love the trampoline! It's one of the best things we've ever did for our children!! Hours of the wiggles all worked out on the tramp!!

    So sorry about your neighbors..what a truly painful thing. Praying that you will be able to be a support and encouragement to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeremy Camp....says it all. Such a great artist...good taste :]

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...