Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If I can install actions, so can you!

I’m writing this post for one person in particular that I know would love actions but doesn’t use them.

There are so many tutorials out there, but the only one that really made sense to me is this one from MCP actions. I’m very much a visual learner, but if you can just read steps, then this might help you. Plus, I had to write it down so I wouldn’t have to watch the video every time I need to install an action!

Here are the steps to save your actions in PSE 8, after you’ve already saved your action folder to your desktop and opened the files in the folder and copied the files in the folder. Don’t let the 15 steps scare you! It’s really very easy!

1. Click on your C: drive.

2. Click on Program Data.

3. Click on Adobe.

4. Photoshop Elements.

5. 8 (or 7, this method probably works on early versions of PSE, but I don’t know since I don’t have any other versions)

6. Photo Creations.

7. Photo Effects (this is where the new actions will be stored)

8. Right click and paste the actions.

9. Go back in your sequence to step #5 so you are at “8”.

10. Click on Locale.

11. en_us.

12. Right click on mediadatabase.db3.

13. Rename this file to “old” or something like that.

14. Start Photoshop Elements. It might take a looooong time for it to boot up with the new actions the first time.

15. Your actions will be under Effects.

Now go on and enjoy your actions. They are so much fun!

Sarah:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...