Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Project Pinterest: Taco Pizza Just Like Taco Bell's

Well hello! It's been so long since we've seen each other for Project Pinterest. Welcome back! We have a new co-host. Let me introduce you to Sandee from In the Hill of North Carolina! Between us, we've go the Carolinas covered!

We're shaking it up a bit too and will each choose a favorite project each week and feature the "winning" project on the next week's Project Pinterest post and you'll get this "I've Been Featured on Project Pinterest" button to proudly display on your blog!










It's on the Tip of My Tongue

 
OK, on to the project! Anyone else a huge Taco Bell fan? I'm not a fast-food junkie. I could care less about ever eating at a McD's, Sonic, KFC, etc., but I could not live without Taco Bell!



I found the post on The Country Cook's blog.


Here's what you need:
tortillas
ground beef (or turkey)
taco seasoning
refried beans
enchilada sauce (red or green)
shredded cheese (Mexican blend works well)
chopped roma tomatoes


Preheat the oven to 350. You can either fry your tortillas or brush a little EVOO on the front and back side of each and bake for about 4-5 minutes per side or until crispy and brown. 

Meanwhile, brown the ground beef, drain grease, and add seasoning. Open refried beans and warm them in the microwave or stove top. 

*The key to keeping the tortillas nice and crispy is to have a nice and hot baking stone to cook them on.*

Put a tortilla on the stone. Spread refried beans on and heap seasoned ground beef on top of the beans. Place another tortilla on top. Pour on the enchilada sauce to cover the tortilla. Top with cheese and tomatoes.

Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Eat and enjoy! I know you will!




Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:

1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.

2. Create it!

3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.

4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!

5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!






It's on the Tip of My Tongue
r





I can't wait to see what you've done this week!

Also linking up to
 Fun Stuff Fridays


Sarah:)


6 comments:

  1. OK, that looks totally yummy! So glad your pin turned out better than mine! lol waving to you from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I am committing to trying some of the recipes I pinned this summer when life slows down (some!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good, will definitely have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Added your party button to my linky love page. I actually have a pinterest inspired post that I will be sharing next week, so I will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Taco Bell and Mexican Pizza is one of my favorite things on the menu, though I rarely order it due to the fat and caloric content. BUT, with a turkey option, this is a dream come true! Thanks for sharing and hosting a Pinterest link up! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...