Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lesson Learned: Jalapenos and Eyes Don't Mix

So, I was making these to die for, yummy jalapeno thingies with cream cheese and bacon. I've heard the warning to wear gloves when removing the seeds from the jalapeno pepper. Did I heed the warning? Um, no I thought I might be smart enough to wash well enough after handling them and of course smart enough to not touch my eyes afterwards. So I scrubbed and scrubbed, certain that no more hot, singeing poison was left of my hands. Wouldn't you know it; about two hours after the scrubbing, I rubbed my eyes and that darn burning, stinging, scream-your-head-off pain took over.

Lesson learned: Always wear gloves when you seed a hot pepper or you'll pay for it later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...