Tuesday, June 1, 2010

PAALS – Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services

Although this is not a great or good or even adequate photo when talking about aspects of photography (clarity, lighting, composition, etc), it speaks volumes to me.


This dog (AJ) was our weekend foster dog. He will become a full-fledged service dog in about two months. This boy, who has autism, is a prospective client of PAALS. He and his mom smiled throughout the entire client session. Seeing the joy in their eyes when working with AJ made all of the trying times we had with him 100% worth it.


Being a foster family for an in-training service dog is a very rewarding endeavor. Are you up for it? If so, contact your local service dog organization and I’m sure they’d love your help!


   076 
I’m sharing this shot on Sweet Shot Tuesdays and Trendy Treehouse.


ShutterLoveTuesdays
Sweet Shot Day
Sarah:)

6 comments:

  1. OK - love it! Great shot! :) Yellow labs rock! :) Cheers --- (and I love the sock pile shot below too!

    Nancy
    nanskimtn.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great thing to do and such a learning experience for your family. Looks like they're going to make a great pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an eXcellent program. Kudos to you and others who give of their time, attention and resources to bless others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet shot!! Service dogs just melt my heart!!

    Sarah, have we "met" before (online)? I'm a SC girl too. I live in Saluda, which is about an hour north-west of Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to do. I didnt' know they used service dogs for autistic kids, but I think that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...