Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seagrove Beach – Day Four

Check one thing off my list. We went deep sea fishing for six hours. Suffice it to say, I will never do that again.
 010
Such a neat looking motel next to the dock of the Swoon boat we were about to board.
018
This was on a trash can. I haven’t seen “Finding Nemo” in ages.
028
The real fisher-people scope out the boat.
029
Off we go! Hope the Bonine works wonders for us all. Charlie and I have a history of motion sickness.
032
So this is how the boys started out on our six-hour journey.
034
We got up and moved around a bit and were feeling a bit better.
037
Then, not so much.
051
This is what Ryan looked like for at least five-sixths of the trip.
052
This is what I looked like five-sixths of the trip.
057
We got to see many dolphins.
075
Ryan and I were really, really, I mean really not feeling well. We have no future as fisher-people.
077
Charlie is hanging in there and making the most of it and even enjoying himself if you don’t look at him too much.
082
Ryan perked up for about ten minutes, dropped his line, caught a fish and went back to sleep. The deck mates were very helpful and friendly. This guy kept calling me maam and was making me feel old.
085
Charlie is trying to look unphased by the sea.
086 087 090
About ten minutes after we’d stop, the dolphins would make their way around the boat so we had to move on to another area.
098
Uncle Ron caught a lot of snapper.
099
Charlie is da man!
109
Charlie and I are feeling a tad bit green around the gills.
123
Sweet Ryan slept and slept and slept.
125
“Reely”?
129
Oh, “reely”?
132
Ryan is still sleeping.
137
Helllllo back there!
139
Hellllo up there.
156
We are back! Hallelujah!
170
That, I did. It was a miracle that we finally made it on land.
178
My poor little man still looks green after stepping off the boat and on land.
181
We ate well that night!
190

 207
Now he’s feeling better!
209

219
Ah, brotherly love.
226

234

235

237
These are not cigarette butts….they’re weird shell/seaweed type things.
240

243
Look at those happy ladies!
250
“Maybe this crab claw will help me pull my tooth out,” says Ryan.
256

256pscape
Day five is on its way!
Sarah:)

1 comment:

  1. I've been loving your pictures. It's beautiful and looks like a great time! I'm so sorry you guys get seasick. As someone who grew up on the ocean (rough seas were my favorite) it seem unimaginably cruel to me that you can't enjoy being out on the water!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...