Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Project Pinterest: Kitchen Chalkboard Calendar and Menu Planner


This was one of the very first things I pinned on Pinterest. I knew I needed one of these, so I went to the local thrift store to see what I could find. I found a four-panel, old, garage door that called my name. I loved the color of the paint already so all I’d have to do was cut it in half to have two panels. My husband did that part for me. I painted the two panels with cheap chalkboard paint and am thrilled with the result!




The original pin can be found at Apartmenttherapy.com. The original used an old door, not an old garage door. Since doing this project a few months ago, I have become obsessed with chalkboard paint. I’ve painted the insides of several cabinets, paper, and old boards for my boys to be able to use in their rooms. The teacher in me is still in love with chalk!


Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!
Project
Pinterest



Sarah:)


3 comments:

  1. Awesome job and super creative reuse of a garage door!! I'm wanting to try making my own chalkboard paint...did you see that one?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I love Pinterest and your boards came out great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...