Thursday, January 19, 2012

Project Pinterest: Map Art


I saw this pin on Pinterest and knew I had to make it. I fell in LOVE with this idea!


My husband and I have lived in four states together. I had four old canvases that I had painted years ago with each one having a letter of Ryan’s name. They have been sitting in his closet for probably three years. Each was a different color. I thought I wanted each canvas brown. So, I painted each canvas brown. Sticking to my true wishy-washy nature, I decided I didn’t like them in brown. So I repainted them in bright colors. These darn canvases have at least nine coats of paint on them!






I've very happy with how they came out! This project cost me about $4 in paint and that's it! 


Here are the rules:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!




**Please go to Katie's blog to link up and get the button code. I can't get it to work right now.**


Sarah:)
Fun Stuff Fridays The Southern Institute Tip Junkie handmade projects

















4 comments:

  1. *gasp*!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this project!!!! Those turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! My boyfriend's job is rotational - so for a few years, we move every 18 months, and we've been talking about how to display this in our home (you know, one day, when they let us stop moving!). I can't wait to show him this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and your spin on it! That is awesome! We've only lived in FL together but we both lived in the UK at some point. I wounder if you could do countries, like the US and England? Totally digging this project of my house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea. I have to tell you that your crockpot steel oats recipe is now a "regular" at my house :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...