Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ryan's Questioning Ways


It was about 5:30 and we'd just finished supper. I hadn't sat down at the computer since the morning, which is looooong time for me.

Ryan asked in a very kind, non-judgmental way, "Why can't you just do the normal things that a mom does after supper?"

I replied, "Like what Ryan?"

Ryan said, "Well, like do the dishes or laundry or something like that."


That ended our conversation and I sent him straight to his room for talking back to his mom. No, no, I really didn't send him to his room. But I do wonder where he comes up with these ideals!

You could call me a lot of things naggy, cranky, unable to handle too much noise, but not June Cleaver!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I am not June Cleaver either, but I must do dishes immediately after dinner, not sure why. Breakfast and lunch are another story. I think b/c after dinner, Dave is home and it's my "me" time. During the day I just don't have time.

    Love the blog!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi! Glad to have a fellow mom that is not a June Cleaver either. She must have gone mad when her children went to bed!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...