Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mocha Frappuccino Baby

I don't like coffee. BUT I do like cold coffee drinks. If you're familiar with the PW's site, you saw the Tasty Kitchen recipe for a Mason Jar frappuccino. I've tweaked that recipe to my liking. My version is low calorie (about 75ish calories) and will knock your socks off! For an extra special treat, try freezing it for an hour or so. Yummy!

 Pin It


The ingredients I use are cold coffee, skim milk, sugar-free chocolate syrup, sugar-free hazelnut coffee creamer (or whatever creamer we have for my coffee-drinking husband), Splenda and an ice cube.


Start with a 12-ounce Mason or Bell jar. Pour in 1/2 cup room-temperature coffee.


Pour in 1/2 cup skim milk.


Squirt in some chocolate syrup. I'm not into exact measurements but I'd guess about one to two teaspoons. If you're cuckoo for cocoa, by all means, squirt until your heart's content.


Add one to two teaspoons of the creamer. Isn't that just the prettiest creamer circle you ever have seen? If two isn't enough, go ahead and add more.


Add a smidge of Splenda for your sweet tooth.


Slide an ice cube in the jar. Shake it, don't break it. Took your momma nine months to make it. (Can you guess that artist?) Shake. Shake some more. Ask your kids to shake it. Well, maybe don't. Mine wanted to pretend it was a ball and pitch it across the room.


Now, now is the good part! Unscrew that lid and warn your taste buds that they're in for a cold, sweet treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...