Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Project Pinterest: Citrus Hand Scrub

I have to tell you, when I saw this pin on Pinterest I almost screamed with excitement. I love scrubs and always forget to use them. What I really loved about this scrub is that it only had four simple ingredients. (Click on the photo to go to the original source.)

how to citrus scrub

Instead of the posted recipe, I used:

1/4 C olive oil - 1/4 C course sea salt - several orange slices- a few drops of lemon juice – blender/food processor*

 
all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {11/22}
 
*I ain’t got none of dem fancy blender or food processor gadgets, so I jus use what I got. Ahem, I’m back now. Had a little episode of backwoods redneck for a minute there. (Don’t go thinking I was making fun either. Some of my favorite people ever are backwoods rednecks and they’re everywhere, not just in the good ol’ south!)

The pseudo food processor/blender didn’t do a great job of making the salt any finer or the peel any finer. It was basically just like putting the ingredients into a bowl and giving it a good stir. I think the results would be better had I used an actual appliance that didn’t cost $10.

My nose tells me that the smell of olive oil is still very present in this ratio so I added more orange peel and juice and I can say that the olive oil has lessened in the past several hours and now smells more citrusy.

Next time I think I’ll use kosher salt instead. The sea salt just seemed to be too large of a peice to me.

I’m going to keep on working on this to fine tune it to my liking. Don’t you think scrub in a cute little glass container like this would be cute for a little gift? I do!

Ready to link up your Project Pinterst post?

Here are the rules:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!




Project
Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I will certainly do this; I love this kind of products!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it!!! And I already have 3 of those 4 ingredients. :) This would make an ubber cute (and easy and inexpensive) Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, oh.....I almost forgot to tell you I am totally digging the new look! The clean white with that color wheel is superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, nice and easy! I have everything already to make this, may have to give it a try. My sis would love to receive this as a gift, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...