Friday, November 25, 2011

Upside-down Pizza in a Mug

Happy Friday ya'll!

I wanted to share this awesome kid-friendly recipe with you that a scout mom shared with us at a scout meeting. It's so much fun for the kiddos and so easy and pretty healthy too!

Upside-down Pizza in a Mug

1. Spray butter spray in mugs or other similar size dishes (we used little ramekins too) that are oven safe.

2. Combine the following ingredients for the crust. Mix the dry first, then the wet, then together.

2 C wheat flour
1 C white flour
2 1/4 tsp (or one packet) yeast
1TBSP sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP olive oil
1 C very warm water

3. Divide dough into portions (we had 10 mugs) and make in to circles a bit bigger than the mug.

4. Put cheese (we used about 1/3 C, but you can use any amount you desire) in each mug.

5. Put toppings over cheese. The sky is the limit here folks!

6. Put a spoonful or two of your favorite pizza sauce. I go bargain on most things, but splurge on good pizza sauce (Classico) because it makes a world of difference.

7. Put a circle of dough over the opening of the mug.

8. Place mugs on baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.




*I know I am a pretty horrible food photographer. I think it's because I just want to eat the food and not mess around taking pretty pictures of it. If I were to take a picture of a Brussels sprout it'd be pretty because I'd do everything in my power to try and stall so I didn't have to eat it.

Sharing at Tip Junkie and
Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

Don't forget to check out Project Pinterest every Thursday with Katie Lloyd Photography and me!

Sarah:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...