Sunday, October 23, 2011

Two Homeschool Internet Organization Tips

As much as an educator's job has to do with expanding the students’ mind and facilitating students’ gaining insight and knowledge through experiences, an educator’s job is also to be able to organize those experiences and that information in a meaningful way.

As most of you know, I have taught in some capacity for all of my adult life. I’ve taught preschoolers up through adult education. One thing that remains consistent in teaching all age ranges is the necessity to organize your materials.

Tip 1. One thing that has really helped with homeschooling Charlie has been to take advantage of some great sites that offer quality practice worksheets. Don’t reinvent the wheel on basic concepts; use these quality worksheets sites!

Click on the screen shot to go to the site.

busyteacher

superteacherworksheets

education

Tip 2. Because I don’t have a wireless printer, I became very annoyed at having to stop what I was doing on the computer and go plug in the printer to print one sheet for Charlie’s use. Poor me, huh?! So I thought of an idea that would limit my having to get up and carry the laptop to the armoire where the printer is (again, poor, poor me!) and plug it in just to print.

I created a weekly favorites folder (labeled like this, 10 24 11) and added each page I’d need from online to that favorites folder for the week. Now I only have to get up one time and plug the laptop into the printer, open my weekly folder and print away! This has saved me a lot of time and annoyance!

favorites folder for printing

I know these are both small tips, but they both can make your homeschool day run a bit more smoothly!

Sarah:)

TipMeTuesday2

P.S. Don’t forget to check out the linky “Project Pinterest” Katie (from Katie Lloyd Photography) and I are hosting.

It will start on November 3rd! See this post for an example.

Project Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to write one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...